BW 31) How much would you be willing to bend or break the rules if you were an attorney in a case and you knew the defendant was guilty 100%? Explain your view.
BW 30) What did you find most interesting from this last unit on the judicial branch?
Unit 6 Test!
BW 29) Explain what “prior restraint” means and what the Supreme Court has ruled regarding the government’s use of it.
- BW 28) What is the difference in the burden of proof between a criminal and civil case? (Review)
- Work on Unit 6 Study Guide
- BW 27) Make a list of the rights protected by the 5th and 6th Amendments. (p. 366)
Due the day of the test – Thursday!
BW 27) Make a list of the rights protected by the 5th and 6th Amendments. (p. 366)
Quiz over 5th and 6th Amendments
BW 26) What does the 8th Amendment protect you from? Do you think the death penalty/capital punishment is a violation of the 8th Amendment? Explain your view. (p. 91)
Discussion over capital punishment
Work on Review Guide for Unit 6 Test
BW 25) How did the Supreme Court balance the right to a public trial, the right to a free press, and the right to due process in Sheppard v. Maxwell? (p. 91)
Finish Google Form on 6th Amendment
Class discussion over Gideon v. Wainwright
- BW 24) Do you think the Supreme Court was right to overturn Miranda’s conviction just because they did not inform him of his rights, especially consider that he was later found guilty anyway? Explain your view (p. 90 if you need it).
- 6th Amendment Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/kkx08EOYpW9ky27H2