- Take the Pre-test for this unit! https://goo.gl/forms/2bcMfND94eKcFWE52
- SLO Pre-Test
- BW 24) What do you feel you learned from the Nucountry simulation activity? What was your opinion of it?
- EXTRA CREDIT:
Watch the presidential debate tonight or read an article about it tomorrow. Summarize a point that each candidate made and give your opinion of what they said. Be specific!
Watch the video below on the U.S. Constitution and answer the following questions:
- What was the name of the first document that governed the United States?
- How many states were require to agree on something for it to become law?
- What did the Northwest Ordinance outlaw in all 5 states there?
- What rebellion led to a crisis which encouraged the writing of the Constitution?
- Describe the type of men who helped write the Constitution.
- “They didn’t want too much government, but they also didn’t want too much ___________.”
- What was the name of the compromise that led to the creation of a House of Representatives AND a Senate?
- What was the 3/5ths compromise?
- What does “checks and balances” mean?
- What does “federalism” mean?
- Who elected members of the Senate at first?
- What were the Federalist Papers?
- Explain one standpoint of the Anti-Federalists.
BW 23) Do you agree that a government should be overthrown when it does not adhere to popular sovereignty and protect people’s natural rights? Explain your view.
Unit 1 Test – You MUST see me to make this up!!!
- BW 22) Explain what natural rights are. What does the Declaration of Independence say are our three natural rights? Explain how this concept relates to America in 2016.
- Review game
- Discussion: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/21/charlotte-police-man-killed-officers-holding-gun-not-book/90774106/
- BW 20) Read the “Summary” of ch. 3 on p. 55. Make a quick timeline with the following years: 1776, 1788, 1789, and 1791. Include who the author of the Bill of Rights was on the timeline.
- Finish Nucountry simulation
- Turn in Government and Economic Systems charts
- 6 Questions about Ch. 3 WS – see me! –> Review in class
- BW 20) Pick one Enlightenment thinker from p. 41, read the summary about him, and turn the summary into three bullet points.
- Nucountry activity
- BW 19) Which economic system do you think is the best and why? Explain your view.
- Nucountry activity – See me to get caught up!
Complete the Unit 1 Test Review Sheet before Wednesday’s test!
- BW 17) Name the three systems of power distribution used by governments from p. 28-29. Which one does it seem like the United States follows?
- Notes over power distribution systems
- Ch. 2 Reading Challenge
- BW 16) What are three factors that distinguish the nations of Switzerland and Sudan from one another? (p. 17-18)
- Econ System Chart